The Daughters of the King™ is an Order for women who are communicants of the Episcopal Church, churches in communion with it, or churches in the historic episcopate but not in communion with it. This includes women in the Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran (ELCA), and Roman Catholic churches.
The local St. Non Chapter of the Order will be commissioned Pentecost Sunday 2019.
The Order is a spiritual community in a busy world where women with similar interests can pray, study, share together, affirm ministries and support each other. Members are present to each other in Christ’s love.
Members undertake a Rule of Life, incorporating the Rule of Life and the Rule of Service. By reaffirmation of the promises made at Baptism and Confirmation, a Daughter pledges herself to a life-long program of prayer, service and evangelism, dedicated to the spread of Christ’s Kingdom and the strengthening of the spiritual life of her parish.
As part of the Rule of Prayer, a Daughter:
- Prays for the unity of Christ’s church
- Prays for the spread Christ’s Kingdom, especially among women and girls
- Prays for God’s blessing upon the members of the Order
- Prays for the spiritual growth of the parish and for our priest to which the chapter owes allegiance
- Prays for the grace to follow our Rule and for our own needs
Through the Rule of Service, a Daughter seeks to do the will of God where she is:
- To be Christ’s faithful servant in the extension of His Kingdom
- To regularly take part in the worship, study, and work of the church
- To render at all time aid to the clergy as deemed necessary for the spiritual edification of the parish