“Being part of Compañeros en Cristo has helped foster a greater sense of who I am an how we can all use our time, talents, and treasures”– Michael Marcks, Mission Team Member
June 27 – July 9, 2019
Since 1996, the Diocese of Northern Indiana has supported and made regular mission trips to our Companion Diocese in Honduras. It has been an immensely rich and rewarding relationship. Short-term mission participants have returned from their trips amazed to see God’s hand in the
From June 29 through July 11, 2017, the Honduran Mission Team, traveled to San Pedro Sula, Honduras, to work alongside the parishioners of San Jose de Montaña. They spent time at La Esperanza de Jesús Children’s Home; visited San Lucas in Delicias del Norte, a village where they have worked for over ten years; and worshiped, broke bread, taught and worked together to build a second story on the parish hall at San José de Montaña. It was a wonderful, spirit-filled trip! Returning team members deepened friendships from previous years and the new team members formed lasting relationships.
Prior projects include installing a water treatment plant providing safe water for up to 4,000 people and supporting a health-infrastructure project by building efficient
Ways to to get involved:
- Join one of our mission trips.
- Attend the Diocesan Compañeros en Cristo meeting.
- Sponsor a missionary or mission team member.
- Sponsor a student in Honduras.
- Financially support the La Esperanza de Jesús Children’s Home.
- Get added to the Compañeros en Cristo email list for the most up to date information.
- Pray for the Episcopal Diocese of Honduras and the Compañeros en Cristo committee members.
Any donations of support may be sent to St. David’s with Compañeros en Cristo in the memo line.
For more information, please contact Tim Skimina at email@example.com